The MUHSD BTSA Induction Program is a state-accredited induction program that supports participating teachers in the Merced Union High School District in Merced, California. Full-time mentors and program staff provide guidance, advocacy, and assistance to teachers in their first two years of teaching. Using the formative assessment system designed by the New Teacher Center at UC Santa Cruz, our experienced mentors guide participating teachers in planning, teaching and reflecting upon instructional practices that meet the needs of our diverse student population. Upon completion of the program, participating teachers become eligible to receive their professional clear credentials from the state of California.
Our Mission is to accelerate teacher development by
- developing teacher capacity as defined by the California Standards for the Teaching Profession.
- ensuring that qualified teachers receive their Professional Clear Teaching Credentials.
- providing support that directly impacts student achievement.
- presenting professional growth opportunities that assist teachers in meeting the needs of all students.
- modeling and encouraging self-assessment and reflection.
- fostering collaboration and leadership among teachers.